[Spice-devel] Spice stops working when host uses multi-monitors

Diego COSTE diego.coste at st.com
Wed Nov 13 02:36:29 PST 2013

Hello,

not sure this is the right mailing list to get Spice support...
Please advise if necessary.

I'm totally new to kvm/spice.

My host (core i5-3380m+Radeon HD7570M laptop) has a fresh Fedora 19 64b
install:
yum update
yum install kvm virt-manager libvirt libvirt-python python-virtinst
modprobe kvm-intel
libvirtd -d
systemctl enable libvirtd.service

Guest (Win7 64b on a raw hdd replacing dvd drive) is created using
virt-manager.
Windows spice utility was installed from
http://www.spice-space.org/download/windows/spice-guest-tools/spice-guest-tools-0.65.1.exe
Win7 is configured for a single display.

Spice display works fine as long as I run the machine on the laptop's
screen only.

If I reboot the host on its docking station with multiple screens, Spice
stops working and I can only use VNC to access the Win7 machine.
(machine boots according to virt-manager, but I get no display at all).

Worse: if I then undock and reboot the host, Spice still won't work :-(
And the only solution I have found so-far is re-installing the whole
host OS (uninstalling kvm/libvirt only did not work).

Any idea to solve this issue ?

Many thanks for your kind help,

Diego Coste
France