[Spice-devel] Spice stops working when host uses multi-monitors

Diego COSTE diego.coste at st.com
Wed Nov 20 02:39:52 PST 2013

Hello Christophe,

After several tests, I finally found that the problem is due to some
network settings.

Although I have not understood everything (I don't know much about
networking), I now have a way that works fine:

 - I start virt-manager from a shell with the correct network config
(incl. proxy definitions when at work)
   I only use this GUI to configure and start the VM; display connection
does not work in that case.

 - unset all proxy variables (http_proxy https_proxy ftp_proxy) and just
use remote-viewer and it works.

This way I can benefit from both the necessary proxy definitions and the
Spice accelerated display with cut/paste etc...

FYI I attached the log of a failing remote-viewer session when the proxy
variables are set and the host firewall disabled.

Many thanks for your kind and efficient help, using remote-viewer helped
a lot !

Diego