[Spice-devel] [Users] Newbie: some questions on ovirt

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Oct 4 11:28:01 CEST 2013

On 10/04/2013 10:39 AM, Mario Giammarco wrote:
> Hello,
> I am evaluating ovirt as a developer virtualization solution and a
> virtualizer for fast provisioning of software in SOHO market (I send entire
> vms preconfigured)
>
> I use ovirt on centos6 with glusterfs.

I assume you are using a posixfs storage domain?

> So I have these questions that I have not found the reply in forums:
>
> - In my lab I use spice protocol in a gigabit ethernet, and I use an old
> thinkpad as terminal, so I would like to disable compression because spice
> rendering is slow;

adding spice-devel on this one

> - I have created some snapshots but I cannot see them in the snapshot list,
> what do I need to check?

please send a separate email for this issue with rpm-version/screenshot/logs

> I would like to export/import snapshot for backups and to provision them:
> can you tell me best way to automatize it?

iirc, export of snapshot is not there only of VM, so you would need to
clone the snapshot first (ayal/federico?)
to automate, you can use the python or java sdk/cli.

in a few weeks hopefully the new backup api will be there which may be
relevant as well to what you are trying to do:
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Backup-Restore_API_Integration