[Spice-devel] [patch 0/2] vdagent KEYVAL extension

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Thu Oct 10 06:10:08 CEST 2013

> You didn't explain why you needed to add a new message, and a new DOWN/UP
> flag. How to interpret scancode with the flag? You can't stick 2 3-bytes
> scancodes for DOWN/UP, so is the server supposed to generate the UP
> scancode? (that would be different from existing scancode events)

I read the code again, and it seems the scancode size is max 2-bytes, so
you only need 4-bytes for DOWN/UP.

see spice_inputs_key_press_and_release()

So the following message could in fact replace all existing messages for keyboard input:

     message {
       uint32 keyval;
       uint32 scancode;
       keyboard_keyval_flags flags;