[Spice-devel] [patch 0/2] vdagent KEYVAL extension

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Thu Oct 10 17:53:58 CEST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> > > The point is that we already have the code in qemu, and there is not
> > > really an other solutions for the javascript client (or is there a
> > > better way to do it?).
> >
> > I don't follow you.
>
> Did the spice-html5 people already found a way to generate scancodes?

I don't see the relation. For example, in case of html5 client to spiceterm, you don't need (and don't have) hw scancode.

Why do you want to mix scancodes and keysym in the same message?

If the server needs keysyms, it can have the keysym capability. If it wants scancode, it should not advertize it.

If you really need both, we could have the protocol (another capability) specifying that a keysym event is immediately followed by the corresponding scancode sequence. I don't see clearly why those 2 should be in the same message.