[Spice-devel] Fw: Spice Android client: Screen turns black and won't recover

i iordanov iiordanov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 19:12:21 CEST 2013

Hi Chuan,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM,  <linuxqc at gmail.com> wrote:
> The workaround in v3.3.3 works, and I can’t tell any difference on my
> samsung Galaxy s4, too. But on some of my friends’ devices it can tell.
> I also have a workaround. the idea is that, when the issue occurs we just
> recycle the bitmap and create a new one, like what we do when the remote
> screen resolution has changed.

I thought about that too, but decided that it would neither be elegant
nor applicable to all three clients. It would not work for the VNC
client (bVNC) because there is absolutely no way to detect the issue
programatically in it. The SPICE and RDP clients, (aSPICE and aRDP)
perform a lockPixels() call in native code which fails, and we can
detect the issue at that point. However, bVNC is implemented entirely
in Java, and it only calls drawBitmap() which fails silently.

> If you like, I can send you the source, but the changes I have made is not
> elegant.

Let me look at it in any case.

Thanks!
iordan

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.