[Spice-devel] Favor - clue bat re audio/bugzilla/qemu

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Oct 14 22:17:13 CEST 2013

My work on Opus came to a screeching halt while I tried to figure out
why I could not record clean audio in qemu + a Fedora guest.

What I've now found is that if I use soundhw ac97, things seem to work;
but if I use soundhw hda, my recording playback is fairly mangled.

That is, without any of my fancy new code, Spice + soundhw hda
has trouble recording audio for me.

I've debugged at the spice level and have persuaded myself that spice
behaves right, and that the bug must be in qemu.

So, questions:  is this already a known bug?  Should I file this
with Spice or with qemu or both?  If qemu, where is the qemu bugzilla?

Thanks,

Jeremy