[Spice-devel] RFC: Spice in a 3D word presentation sheets

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Tue Oct 15 13:26:10 CEST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Hi All,
>
> I've created sheets for my "Spice in a 3D word" presentation
> at kvm-forum. Feedback much appreciated:
>
> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~jwrdegoede/spice-3d.odp

- The PCI bandwidth argument makes me laugh. I don't think that any desktop/office apps will use a large bandwidth (especially with cache). I mean, otherwise WebGL wouldn't really work either, unless all the content is generated by CPU. And spice 3d support is not meant to be a full 3d solution, to be in your next-gen gaming box. Back your argument with actual numbers to convince me ;) I think Dave gave better reasons on the ML threads.
- Although I used regular f19, the text doesn't always fit in the page. It could be a font issue on my side, it could also be too much text in general :)
- "all spice client will automatically supports this" is a quite bold statement, but hopefully that can happen.
- The obvious question that comes to me is how different/better is this from 3d support for VNC or RDP? Ie, what is Spice specific?