[Spice-devel] Opus codec support patch series -- 0/8

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Tue Oct 15 16:28:07 CEST 2013

The following 8 patches generalize audio codec processing in Spice and
enable the use of Opus for encoding audio.

These patches work for me with qemu/Fedora.

I did use soundhw ac97, and I also applied this patch to qemu:
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-10/msg01204.html
(Without it, my qemu hung while playing any sound).

Your mileage may vary; testing is greatly appreciated.

The first three patches just break out the codec processing into
functions in spice-common; I've shared something similar to this already.

The next five patches are the money Opus patches.

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Jeremy