[Spice-devel] Favor - clue bat re audio/bugzilla/qemu

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Tue Oct 15 16:32:20 CEST 2013

> Not that I know of. You may want try building qemu with this patch first
> though:
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-10/msg01204.html

Yeah, that prevented a hard lock for me.  Thanks!

> Which fixes a generic audio bug which I've recently found. Not sure if this
> will help, but it is worth trying.
>
> If that works it would be good if you could also try:
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-10/msg01205.html
>
> And check it does not cause any regressions.

I'll give it a spin when I get a chance.

>> Should I file this
>> with Spice or with qemu or both?
>
> If it works with ac97 and not with hda then it sounds like a qemu bug to
> me. What does your qemu cmdline look like ? AFAIK you need something like
> this on there for HDA recording to work:
> -device intel-hda -device hda-duplex

Hmm.  I'm a qemu newb; I'll see if fiddling with '-device' gets me
different results than -soundhw.  True confession:  my report was also
against a non tip build of qemu, so I need to retest there as well.

Cheers,

Jeremy