[Spice-devel] [Users] Newbie: some questions on ovirt

Dominique Rodrigues dominique.rodrigues at nanocloud.com
Wed Oct 16 09:48:11 CEST 2013

Le 16/10/2013 09:24, Christophe Fergeau a écrit :
> Hey,
>
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 05:13:21PM -0400, Itamar Heim wrote:

>>> Update: with windows 7 spice is fast, so it seems that only with ubuntu
>>> guest is slow.
>> adding spice-devel for their comments.
> I'd make sure the QXL driver is installed in the Ubuntu guest, but I think
> Ubuntu being slow has already been mentioned, probably related to their 3d
> use for Unity. If there is a 2d fallback for Unity, I'd try this, or
> a different window manager.
>
> Christophe

I've done some tests on Ubuntu + SPICE in the past, and I confirm that
Unity is the problem. This interface is too heavy, compared to any other
interface (I still don't understand its choice).

To have something usable on Ubuntu + SPICE, try something else like Xfce
or Mate (fork of gnome 2).

--

        Dominique Rodrigues

nanoClouD <http://www.nanocloud.com>