[Spice-devel] UPDATE: spice-gtk on MAC OSX

Mario ml at kernelobjects.org
Wed Oct 16 10:37:07 CEST 2013

Hi,

I just took a look into those functions that are not seem to be involved
in performance issues. Until today I stopped at the
gdk_window_update_idle() as this call is suggestive of being innocent. I
thought it may sleep.

However this calling thread seem to create the performance issue on OSX.

Attached you´ll find the time analysis of the spicy client (as png as
text exports of this software are not really clear).

Deep inside the gdk_window_update_idle() the drawing function
spicex_draw_event() is called that actually consumes 65% of the whole
execution time.

Inside cairo_fill() the CGContextDrawImage() is called for the quartz
backend and this seem to be the root of all evil. ;-)

Is there any other approach to display the spice-widget content to the
screen?

Thanks in advance,
Mario