[Spice-devel] Sound rework 0/0

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Wed Oct 16 18:46:01 CEST 2013

The following three patches are a resend of my first sequence from
yesterday that generalizes sound processing.

This set should incorporate all of Christophe's feedback.

The open issue, in my mind, is whether or not it is worth doing a more
complete generalization.  That is, the current code has essentially hard
coded requirements for the format and number of channels.  It also uses
fairly static sizing for frame buffers.

In theory, that logic could be pushed into the new snd_codec.c file;
we could hard code there, and generalize the rest of the code.

I'm not sure if it's worth it.  The pros are that it's 'better'; the
cons are that you rewrite code that's currently working.

I'm going to poke at it a bit to see if starting to do it changes my
feelings on the subject; other opinions are greatly appreciated as well.

Cheers,

Jeremy