[Spice-devel] RFC: Integrating Virgil and Spice

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 20:34:50 CEST 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> So trying to summarize what has been discussed before:
>
> The basic idea for virgil + spice integration is to use qemu's console
> layer  as an abstraction between the new virtio-vga device Dave has in
> mind: http://airlied.livejournal.com/
>
> and various display options, ie SDL, vnc and Spice.
>
> The console layer would need some extensions for this:
>
> 1) Multi head support, this will be in the form of virtual gfx cards
> registering 1 or more QemuConsoles (one for each virtual connector),
>
> with some infrastructure bits in the ui core + frontends to allow
> enabling/disabling them.

Okay I've done some of this work on ui in my virtio-gpu branch of my qemu repo

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/qemu/log/?h=virtio-gpu

I've added multiple display surfaces to a QemuConsole and add an idx
parameter in a couple of places,

Then I've hooked it up to SDL2, this lets me with my virtio-gpu to
create a screen panning two windows.

Dave.