[Spice-devel] spice html5 keyboard issues

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Fri Oct 18 19:34:05 CEST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> > > well that s weird, im using firefox too and add the mapping there, but
> > > wouldnt work. the following change solves the problem for me though
> > > /firefox_scanmap[173]                  = 0x4a;/
> >
> > Ah, then it was fixed some time ago:
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/spice-
> > html5/commit/?id=2f5c7f7ab098bed16ef3e6ba3995eb051af22818
>
> Besides, I still not understand how that should work. You (Marc) told me
> that it is easy to get the correct scancodes, but the sources contain
> the following comment:

Did I? I don't remember the context.

> "** This will most likely not work for non US keyboard .."
>
> I am confused.

The main issue is that spice-html5 doesn't know what hw key was pressed, or the keyboard mapping. So it translates the key to a scancode, based on traditional US keyboard mapping. The spanish keyboard is relatively close to US keyboard, so that mostly works. But it can give very wrong results otherwise (for ex, french keyboard, pressing 'a' in client will result in 'q' in guest, when both are configured with french layout).