[Spice-devel] UPDATE: spice-gtk on MAC OSX

Mario ml at kernelobjects.org
Fri Oct 25 15:51:32 CEST 2013

Marc,

as I wrote im my last mail my SDL drawing backend was not as successful
as expected. However I started to create a complete SDL client. This
client uses the spice-glib but has no relation to gtk or spice-gtk at
all.

Attached you´ll find my WIP code. In fact it is quite basic. No keyboard
events at present. No sound. No server side mouse rendering - no mouse
pointer change. (not yet)

I just implemented the SDL drawing and the mouse events to reproduce the
performance issue I noticed with the gtk client.

So as it seems it is a bit faster as the gtk widget. But it is still
quite slow compared to its windows and linux friends.

So everything points to a performance issue on OSX using the spice-glib.
This issue is present especially when I move windows (on Windows) or
maximize the internet explorer (on Windows).

What does Windows different to other OSes? Is it possible that this is
related to the patch of Yonit Halperin (cropping of bitmaps / also
Windows 7 related)?

Thank you for your support!

Cheers
Mario