[Spice-devel] Release timing / strategy?

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Fri Oct 25 18:01:19 CEST 2013

I've just now submitted updated spice-html5 packages to bohdi, so
hopefully Fedora users will able to run an updated version shortly
and stop having the missing minus key :-/.

But I don't have a strategy for release timing.  The html5 client
doesn't tend to have obvious major points; it's little bits here and
there, which I mostly roll up as the mood strikes me.

I get the sense that the other parts of Spice are much the same.  For
example, the xf86-video-qxl driver went years without a new release,
despite steady development.

Does it make sense to create some sort of release timing?  Perhaps try
to have a new rollup of packages with each Fedora release?

I'm mostly looking for an algorithm I can use to remind me to update the
Fedora packages again someday :-/.

Cheers,

Jeremy