[Spice-devel] windows-cmdline-wrapper.exe

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Thu Sep 26 11:06:42 PDT 2013

Hi

----- Original Message -----

> Hi,
>

> Seems the msi files for virt-viewer contains the file:
> windows-cmdline-wrapper.exe I guess that should be renamed to
> remote-viewer.com?
> Yes, do you have needs for it? (it's not as useful as I wished it would,
> unfortunately)
> I saw this file but never used it. What's his prurpose?

See doc in C file header:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/virt-viewer.git/tree/src/windows-cmdline-wrapper.c#n20

However, this doesn't quite work as expected, because you can't redirect child output to a pipe. So, in fact it just waits until the child finishes.

I am not an experienced Windows developper, and I haven't found a solution to this problem. However, the helper is a step in the right direction.

Perhaps the only solution is really to compile two seperate binaries, with and without -Wl,--subsystem,windows. Anyhow, it's meant for developpers, and probably not very interesting for a regular user (although it could be interesting in some kind of scripted usage?).