[Spice-devel] test shared folder error: spiceport not supported in this QEMU binary

Cody Chan int64ago at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 09:16:50 PDT 2014

sorry, I come for help again ==

fedora 19 x64
qemu from upstrem(2.0.0-rc1)
libvirt 1.2.3
spice-server 0.12.4
spice-protocol 0.12.6

According to http://elmarco.fedorapeople.org/manual.html#_configuration_7,
I configured xml with the following section:
<channel type='spiceport'>
        <source channel='org.spice-space.webdav.0'/>
        <target type='virtio' name='org.spice-space.webdav.0'/>
</channel>

but when I run: virsh start vm_win7, I get a error:
error: Failed to start domain vm_win7
error: unsupported configuration: spiceport not supported in this QEMU binary

so, I use qemu-kvm instead of libvirt with the parameters told by
_configuration_7:
qemu-kvm -m 1024 -drive file=/var/lib/libvirt/images/vm_win7.img
-device virtserialport,bus=virtio-
serial0.0,nr=1,chardev=charchannel1,id=channel1,name=org.spice-space.webdav.0
-chardev spiceport,name=org.spice-space.webdav.0,id=charchannel1

still, get a error:
qemu-system-x86_64: -device
virtserialport,bus=virtio-serial0.0,nr=1,chardev=charchannel1,id=channel1,name=org.spice-space.webdav.0:
Bus 'virtio-serial0.0' not found

if I remove the configure section in xml of libvirt, it works fine, so
does qemu-kvm

now, any one gives me some idea to continue?