[Spice-devel] Program exit during DND(drag file from client to guest) when the network break for a 'long' time

Cody Chan int64ago at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 07:25:33 PDT 2014

Hmm, it's a little difficult to describe the issue.

When connecting guest by virt-viewer(build with mingw32-spice-gtk) through
WAN and then
draging a large file(100+M maybe, it depends) from client to guest, the
main window  exit immediately.
BUT it's always ok if I don't drag a file.

I test the network with 3rd-part tools, and get the result is that the
connectivity
of network
 is not good.Sometimes, the network may break for a little time(about
600ms, not exactly).

​Then I cut down the network of virt-viewer and start the network immediately
by hand, and of course,
The program exit immediately if I'm dragging a file but looks ok if I'm
not.So I'm sure it's the
problem of network.

Now, my question is what makes the difference between two situations
in a bad network condition?
Is it possible to let main window of virt-viewer stay on during dragging
files even in
such network?

BTW, the main window may be freezing (NOT exited)forever if I cut down the
network
for a while during transferring files through <usb-redir> from a external
flash disk.

​Thx a lot!​

--
QSBDT0RFUiBGUk9NIFJJRVNUIE9GIENUU0VV