[Spice-devel] Windows binaries for w8

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 04:13:37 PDT 2014

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:57:41 AM Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > All virtio drivers are installed on the w8 guest, but when it came to
> > spice, spice-guest-tools-0.74.exe will not install.
> >

> > I suspect w8 is not supported. Am I right?
>
> There is no qxl driver for win8, the agent should work. You can get
> more or less standalone binaries for the agent from
> http://www.spice-space.org/download/windows/vdagent/vdagent-win-0.7.2/

You can copy the Install dir from a win 7 install (c:\Program Files\Spice
Client) and then use the command line to install the service, from memory:

  "vdservice install"

That should get you mouse integration, but without the qxl driver no dynamic
screen resizing. You're probably better off using rdp.

Also, I think the virtio drivers in the spice 0.74 install are behind the
redhat 0.1.84 iso.
--
Lindsay