[Spice-devel] problems with intermediate certificates

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Fri Aug 22 05:03:09 PDT 2014

> I think you must be able to "openssl verify" your file without specifying the
> CAfile, if you want Spice ssl checks to pass.

Sorry, but how should that work? For example:

# cat server.pem intermediate_certificate.pem ca.pem >mix.pem

So the file contains all needed certificates, but:

# openssl verify mix.pem
mix.pem:  .....
error 20 at 0 depth lookup:unable to get local issuer certificate

Also, I pass the CA to remote-viewer. so why is it not used for verification?