[Spice-devel] [spice-common 00/13] Improvements to spice-common configure.ac/Makefile.am

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed Dec 3 09:15:15 PST 2014

Hey, this patch series refactors the content of configure.ac of spice-common, and
makes a few cleanups of Makefile.am. The reason for these changes is that I'd like to
introduce a SPICE_COMMON_SETUP m4 macro which could be used by spice-gtk/spice-server
to setup the spice-common build tree without invoking spice-common/configure. It would
also be possible to call this macro from the current configure.ac coming with spice-common
so that it can be made standalone in the future.

It also removes spice-protocol as a submodule, which means you need to 'make
install' it after making some changes. As spice-protocol is an API stable
module with regular upstream releases, I think it's better not to ship a
random snapshot of it with spice-server/spice-gtk releases.