[Spice-devel] Local mouse cursor with Windows client

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 17:00:33 PST 2014

Hi

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Ralf <ralf at rasu.nl> wrote:
> I'm using virt-viewer 1.0256 on Windows to connect to a Debian 7.7 Server
> running qemu-kvm-1.1.2+dfsg-6+deb7u6 and libspice-server1-0.11.0-1+deb7u1
> which in turn runs several Virtual Machines.

Ok! Don't be surprised that your combination has never been used
before, especially with Android VM! :)
I suppose you got virt-viewer from the 1.0 msi in
https://fedorahosted.org/released/virt-viewer/.

> This all works well for most VM's, but when I run an Android VM I can't see
> my mouse when it enters the virt-viewer Window. Since Android does not show
> a mouse pointer because it is touch based, I need to guess my location and
> hope for the best :)

I just installed android x86 4.4r1 on f21 with virt-manager, and it
does draw the pointer. How did you install the android VM?

> When I read Spice for Newbies chapter 3.6 "Mouse Modes" it looks like I
> should use "Client mouse" so I have set the libvirt domain option <mouse
> mode='client'/>, but this makes no difference to mode server...

You shouldn't need to set any mouse mode manually.

> I've looked everywhere, but I can't find an option to have virt-viewer just
> show my local (Windows) mouse pointer. Or just a little dot as VNC could do
> would be nice.

Have you tried with a more recent version of client on a fedora client?

> Am I running into a Bug (should <mouse mode='client'/> do what I want?) or
> am I doing somethig wrong?

It's not clear yet :)

thanks a lot for trying Spice with Android, very few people try! I
think there is a nice future in the area once we start using
accelerate rendering with virgl! (android x86 uses Mesa iirc, it will
need some gl extension though)

--
Marc-André Lureau