[Spice-devel] multiple users and xspice

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 05:45:41 PST 2014

If you are curious about how to get the Xspice seamles to work for a single
user
Edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf (from the link to vnc setup)
[security]
AllowRemoteRoot=true
DisallowTCP=false

[xdmcp]
Enable=true
MaxSessions=30

Install the Xspice package
on fedora its : xorg-x11-server-Xspice.x86_64

set a password in /etc/X11/spiceqxl.xorg.conf
Or disable it if you like living on the edge ;-P

mv /etc/X11/spiceqxl.xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf

restart X
connect with your spice client to the host on port 5900

Drawback: no more X on the console, only through spice.

Rob