[Spice-devel] xorg-x11-drv-qxl in Fedora should be updated to 0.1.2

David Mansfield spice at dm.cobite.com
Tue Jul 29 10:01:19 PDT 2014

On 07/29/2014 11:09 AM, David Mansfield wrote:

> On 07/28/2014 09:10 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> $subject says it all, I've looked into doing this myself,
>> but there are quite a few patches, which likely can be all dropped,
>> but I believe it is better for the update to be done by someone who
>> knows the code better, and thus is a better judge of which patches
>> can be dropped.
>>

> I've managed to be lucky enough to uncover lots of xorg qxl issues in
> the past, so I'll build a "plain jane" 0.1.2 version here and test it.
>
> # fix a blocker in F20 the quick way.
> no-surfaces-kms.patch

This one seems to be necessary.  Within about 1 minute xorg starts
acting funky - long stalls and rendering issues (see attached PNG of the
"System" menu in MATE).

With 0.1.2 "vanilla" + no-surfaces-kms.patch, that particular problem
seems gone (long enough to type this at least).

--
Thanks,
David Mansfield