[Spice-devel] Spice guest tools QXL digital signature

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 08:23:51 PST 2014

Hey,

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 10:18:41AM +0000, matthew iou90 wrote:
> Can I get digital signature from there?
>
> http://www.spice-space.org/download/windows/spice-guest-tools/spice-guest-tools-0.74-src/qxl-win-unsigned-0.1-20-spec.zip
>

> First I used inf2cat:
>
> Inf2Cat.exe /driver:C:\qxl\install_fre_win7_x86 /os:7_X86
>
> and then used signtool as:
>
> signtool.exe sign /s MY /n "Red Hat, Inc." /ac After_10-10-10_MSCV-VSClass3.cer /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll /v qxl.sys
>
> but it said SignTool Error: No certificates were found that met all the given criteria.
>

> So, now I comfused with that if I can get digital signature like that or am I miss something ?

What are you trying to achieve exactly?? The certificates in this tarball
are not meant to be usable to reproduce Red Hat digital signature on the
distributed drivers. My understanding is that this
After_10-10-10_MSCV-VSClass3.cer certificate is a generic one
(see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn170454%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
) and you need some additional certificate/key to digitally sign the driver
with your/your company signature.