[Spice-devel] Spice Downloads

Uri Lublin uril at redhat.com
Tue Mar 4 03:47:36 PST 2014

On 03/04/2014 12:45 PM, Cody Chan wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Uri Lublin <uril at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 03/04/2014 11:04 AM, Cody Chan wrote:
>>> Hi, I met this problem, and I solved by using ie instead of chrome
>>> Maybe your situation is different, may help you

>> Accessing the download page works for me, on a WinXP VM with all of
>> IE, FF, and Chrome.
>>
>> The download page is download.html (not download.htm).
>>
>> Please try going directly to this page
>> http://www.pice-space.org/download.html

I meant:
http://www.spice-space.org/download.html

> I think his/her problem is getting a download.html file, such as:
>
> virt-viewer Windows installer - 32 bit - virt-viewer-x86.msi
> virt-viewer Windows installer - 64 bit - virt-viewer-x64.msi
>
> I watch the elements of this page in detail, here may be a problem,
> you see the following is element of virt-viewer-x86.msi
> <a type="application/octet-stream"
> href="http://virt-manager.org/download/"
> download="">virt-viewer-x86.msi</a>
>
> but for chrome , it may not explain "application/octet-stream" correctly
> see this for details:
> http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/21658/what-could-keep-chrome-from-downloading-files

OK, that problem is different than accessing the download page.
That problem is problem with downloading .msi files specifically (which
is now done from the virt-manager.org site).
This can be fixed with  AddType or ForceType directives.

Thanks,
     Uri.