[Spice-devel] Embedding the Spice Client in Windows

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Fri Mar 7 03:49:56 PST 2014

Hi

----- Original Message -----
> Is there a know way to embed the spice client in a windows app?
> (preferably a Qt4/Qt5 Windows app).
>
> Either the entire remote-viewer app or preferable the GTK widget itself.

That doesn't seem very popular these days:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16919563/embed-a-gtk-widget-into-a-qt-window

> I'd like to have some control over the embedded spice client.

I would recommend wrapping the spice-glib library with Qt, and developing a new Qt widget similar to SpiceGtk Display widget. Getting the basics working should relatively straightforward. I long wished someone from the the Qt/Kde community would do that, that would be a very welcome work.

cheers