[Spice-devel] Compiling Spice client on Windows

K F krfitz0589 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 17:52:01 PST 2014

I'm interested in working on the Windows client for Spice, but before I can
do that I need to get the dependencies for it in order so I can actually
build it. However, the documentation I've been able to find for building
the client on Windows is either less-than-helpful or for an old version of
Spice. Can anyone give me a summary of what I'll need to compile the latest
version of the client on Windows?

I've already got the client and protocol repositories and a MinGW
installation, but I'm not sure if I need the Windows libraries on
Spice-space (I doubt it, since it states they're for the old client), or
something else that's not mentioned in the user manual.

Thanks a lot!