[Spice-devel] aSPICE/Opaque can now record audio

i iordanov iiordanov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 21:41:46 PDT 2014

Hey guys,

Following a suggestion by a developer, in order to enable audio
recording on Android, I changed spice-gstaudio.c from:

    gchar *pipeline =
            g_strdup_printf("autoaudiosrc name=audiosrc ! queue !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! "
                            "appsink caps=\"%s\" name=appsink", audio_caps);

to:

    gchar *pipeline =
            g_strdup_printf("openslessrc name=audiosrc ! queue !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! "
                            "appsink caps=\"%s\" name=appsink", audio_caps);

Does this look like an issue with Gstreamer where it cannot determine
the source for audio recording automatically on Android?

aSPICE v3.5.6 in Google Play already has this feature. This
improvement should make it into Opaque as soon as I find time as well.

Thanks!
iordan

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.