[Spice-devel] virt-viewer for Windows is quite difficult to download

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 06:52:07 PDT 2014

Hey,

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 02:12:47PM +0100, Anthony Loiseau wrote:
> Dear spice developpers and dear spice-space website maintainers,
>
> For you to know, the link to download virt viewer windows installer (msi
> file) is currently buggy.
>
> Page : http://www.spice-space.org/download.html
> extract : " virt-viewer Windows installer - 32 bit -
> virt-viewer-x86.msi<http://virt-manager.org/download/>
>  "
>

> The link is coded as this, which force the user to download the HTML page
> containing the final MSI download link.
> <a *type="application/octet-stream"* href="http://virt-manager.org/download/"
> download="">virt-viewer-x86.msi</a>

Hmm why 'download'? Do you mean the user needs to access that page, and
then click on the right link? If so, this is intentional so that we don't
have to update the link on spice-space.org every time a new virt-viewer
windows build is available.

Maybe the virt-viewer people would be ok with having a virt-viewer-x86.msi
symlink which would point to the latest release, and we could link to that,
dunno how convenient this would be for them.

Thanks for the feedback,