[Spice-devel] spice-gtk / remote viewer leaks (gobs of) memory - possibly related to animated mouse cursor?

David Mansfield spice at dm.cobite.com
Mon May 5 12:33:47 PDT 2014

Hi All:

I'm experiencing massive memory leaks in remote-viewer.  It seems that I
can leak amout 100MB in 15 seconds by opening google chrome, and hitting
a page which gives the "spinny" mouse cursor and then madly wiggling the
mouse over the chrome window.

By the end of the day, I'm way over 2GB used by remote-viewer, if I
don't exit and restart remote-viewer continually throughout the day.

Any way to easily trace memory leaks in remote-viewer?  A naive attempt
at "valgrind remote-viewer spice://blah" didn't turn up anything in
particular.

Environment is F20, fully updated, guest, host and client.  All the same
machine.  spice-gtk has been locally patched to work with dual monitor
setup.

remote-viewer is running in fluxbox WM, guest is running MATE desktop.

Thanks,
David