[Spice-devel] glz cleanup

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Sun May 11 16:59:37 PDT 2014

Hi,

 Hopefully this is not something someone discussed in the 193 unread
mails from spice-devel I have.

 I'm trying to look more closely at the glz code, and it seems to be
split: decoder in glz, encoder in spice.

 I propose to move them to spice-common. any objections?

 The reason I propose and don't just send patches is that while moving
the server code was trivial moving the gtk code brings some baggage with
it: gio-coroutine and coroutine_{winfibers,gthread,ucontext} plus
spice_util (the later I may split to leave some gtk only util in
spice-gtk). Any objects to moving the coroutine stuff to spice-common?

Thanks,
Alon
p.s. g_debug related cleanups are also due (btw the whole split seems to
be because when spice-gtk was written spice still did not depend on
glib. it does now. spice-common doesn't but it is trivial to make it so,
and useful).
p.p.s. I don't think any of this has been done in the replay branch
(which we should merge..) so it shouldn't conflict much (just some
include changes - glz_bla.h -> common/glz_bla.h)