[Spice-devel] Testing spice-webdav - problem with spice-webdavd in Windows XP

Benjamin Vanheuverzwijn bvanheu at gmail.com
Tue May 13 14:25:06 PDT 2014

Hey!

I'm currently trying to share a directory through spice using webdav.

I've followed this guide (
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2014-April/016582.html)
but i have a problem with my Windows XP SP3 guest.

I've installed this package "
http://elmarco.fedorapeople.org/spice-webdavd-x86-0.1.24.msi", but the
"spice-webdavd" would not start:

--------------->8---------------
$ net start spice-webdavd
The Spice webdav proxy service is starting.
The Spice webdav proxy service could not be started.

The service did not report an error.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.
--------------->8---------------

I'm not familiar with Windows, so i'm not sure where to look. I'm currently
installing mingw to be able to debug.

I use these arguments in QEMU:
-device virtserialport,bus=virtio-serial0.0,nr=4,chardev=charchannel3,id=channel3,name=org.spice-space.webdav.0
-chardev spiceport,name=org.spice-space.webdav.0,id=charchannel3

The device "org.spice-space.webdav.0" appears in my VM (i can see it with
winobj.exe from sysinternals).

Anyone encountered the same problem?

Thanks!

--

More info about my setup:

The host running the virtual machines:
Centos 6.5
- QEMU emulator version 1.7.1
- spice-protocol 0.12.6
- spice-server 0.12.4.128-e3da-dirty

The host running the spice client (desktop):
ArchLinux up-to-date
- spicy 0.24
- spice-protocol 0.12.6

The virtual machine