[Spice-devel] [spice-html5] Tweak hexdump to not generate new lines.

Uri Lublin uril at redhat.com
Wed May 21 08:57:15 PDT 2014

On 05/21/2014 04:42 PM, Jeremy White wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Looks good but maybe it's better to use isprint
>
> I'm not aware of an isprint Javascript function; do you have a pointer
> to that, or to a similar function?

I too am not aware of isprint javascript function.

I found that Java has Java.lang.Character.isISOControl which suppose to
be isprint equivalent.

I wrote a simple C program that loops from 1 to 255 (inclusive) and
prints values
that are printable. Those values are 32 - 126.

The simplest implementation for isprint for is something like:
function isprint(c)
{
     return ((c >= 32) && (c <= 126));
}

But maybe it's too simple and does not account for different encodings.
(Maybe defining the isnonprint function -- c<32 || c==127 -- is safer)

Anyway, it's just a suggestion.
Since you added a check for == 8 (backspace) it checks more than newlines,
and I thought you can protect against other non-printable characters
(such as DEL == 127).

Thanks,
     Uri