[Spice-devel] [Patch] PIE flags for libspice-client-glib

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri May 30 02:40:37 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 01:18:54PM -0400, Marc-André Lureau wrote:

> [...]

I think this downstream patch was added because at some point in the
past, spice-gtk was getting these PIE flags indirectly through openssl,
but this changed after an openssl version update. Then there were some
complaints that spice-gtk libraries used to be compiled with PIE and no
longer are, so this patch was added to shut off this warning.
I'd also tend to add this downstream through CFLAGS rather than with a patch.