[Spice-devel] How to support multiple devices(with same vid & pid)

xuyongjian hustxyj at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 03:24:32 PST 2014

Hi elmarco:

I met a problem with usbclerk.
First, I plugged in two same usb device. Then I used usbclerk to change the
driver to winusb.
I sent only one message which caused both the drivers changed.
After that, I use usbclerk to remove the winusb driver. The first device
driver could be restored properly, but the second one was not so lucky:
    if (!SetupDiBuildDriverInfoList(devs, dev_info, SPDIT_CLASSDRIVER)) {
        vd_printf("Cannot build driver info list: %ld", GetLastError());
        return false;
    }
SetupDiBuildDriverInfoList returned 2 and the driver didn't change.

Another scenario:
I plugged in one device, and changed the driver to winusb. Then the second
one plugged in. The usbclerk did not work well. Since it found there was
already a device with the same vid&pid installed with winusb.

Do you have any solutions?
Thx!