[Spice-devel] Spice agent and LXC

Charles Ricketts githlar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 15:16:52 PST 2014

Yes, I had seen those options. That was part of why I was asking about the
ucds socket. I found now that the ucds socket is used to talk to multiple
agents. I have tried both setting each argument to specify the paths of
each piece (ucds socket, uinput, and virtio port) and letting Xspice set
them up automatically. Xspice by default re-creates these devices as
sockets and pipes, so it seems that Xspice is actually ideal for this
purpose; there is no need to create the devices by hand. However, any way
it's done even with the newest sources results in the same thing. In the
Fedora LXC under Ubuntu 14.04, I get a display but no agent functionality
for some reason even though the same ucds port is used by both agentd and
agent. In an Ubuntu 14.04 LXC container I can't even get X to start via the
Xspice script or a direct call to X because it segfaults when using the
spiceqxl driver.

There also appears to be no difference between letting the Xspice script
start the agents or starting the agents by hand, which isn't unexpected.

Chuck