[Spice-devel] win 7 terminal recognize usb as libusbx device when exiting usb redirect

Uri Lublin uril at redhat.com
Wed Oct 22 02:29:39 PDT 2014

On 10/22/2014 04:40 AM, 陈晴 wrote:
> hi, all:
> environment:
>     terminal: win 7
>     guest: win 7
>     usb redirect: usb clerk (provided by Cody Chan)
>     usb device: kinston data traveller 8G
>                     teclast 16G (use correctly)
>                     usb harddisk (use correctly)
>
> following is my steps to use kinston usb storage:
>  1.connect usb to terminal, recognize as: mass storage device
>  2.use virt-viewer to connect to guest, usb device is successfully
> redirected
>  3.disconnect from guest
>  4.back to terminal, usb device recognize as "universal serial bus
> device" whose driver is libusbx, and oemxx.inf generated in
> windows/system32/inf
> (something happened in this step make win 7 to choose libusbx as its
> driver)

Hi,

Seems like a usbclerk problem ==> not removing the WinUSB driver upon
client distconnect
- What are the versions of usbclerk, virt-viewer ?
- Anything interesting in usbclerk's log (try at
c:\windows\temp\usbclerk.log) ?
- Older versions of usbclerk did not remove the driver upon client
disconnect, can
   you try un-redirect the usb device (from the remote-viewer menu)
before disconnecting the client ?

Uri