[Spice-devel] Help with solving a thread safety issue

nicolas prochazka prochazka.nicolas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 10:56:08 PDT 2014

Hello,
I've done  differents tests, with the differents combinaisons between qemu
X and spice-server,
I can say  that is  since video adaptative streaming, the video streaming
is bad compare to the  old version (spice 0.12.3 / qemu 1.7 ).
When i set SPICE_DISABLE_ADAPTIVE_STREAMING=Y , my tests shows that's a lot
of frames are dropping, because of sound synchronisation, The only way to
get good streaming performance is to desactivate audio from client side. (
--spice-disable-audio).

An other point, when you disable streaming detection from server side,
video is good, but the sound is very bad.

Regards,
Nicolas