[Spice-devel] spice video lip-sync not working for windows 7 guest

Han Pilmeyer pilux at pilmeyer.nl
Thu Sep 11 06:30:48 PDT 2014

On 10/09/2014 21:18, Daniel Sanabria wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Any ideas what might be causing the video and audio (youtube) to be
> out of sync on my windows 7 kvm guest? Every action on the VM is
> pretty responsive i.e. scrolling the browser window (chrome). I'm
> running an up to date fedora 20 kvm host and just updated the virtio
> serial, balloon, scsi and ethernet with what is included in the
> virtio-win-0.1-81.iso.

This was discussed earlier this week on this list with the topic "thread
safety". I know, not an obvious title for this problem. Look at my last
post on that topic.

You could try downgrading spice-server and the qemu packages. It
certainly has improved the situation for me. Although some
problems appear to remain, it's certainly much more tolerable.

Cheers,
Han