[Spice-devel] spice connect to virtual desktop via Ovirt failed

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 02:20:42 PDT 2015

Hey,

Please avoid sending huge images to mailing list, but upload them
somewhere online, and then add a link to the image in your email.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 11:31:40AM +0800, 摸鱼儿 wrote:
> Hello Join
> My spice can connect to normal virtual desktop via centos virt-manager spice server.
> but when i connect to spice based on Ovirt,it's failed,so what's the
> diffirent bettween the two environment,and how to connect to spice
> via ovirt,
>
> my login file name is loginremote,I have test it with X86 ubuntu ,and it can connetc to the virtual desktop.loginremote file can download on the attach
> #./loginremote SYCD540 12345678
> p.s.  SYCD540 is username   12345678 is password
> ###################################
> But on the arm board,when i run
> #./loginremote SYCD540 12345678
> it shows malloc.c error,i use gdb to debbug the error,it shows as follow,THANKS
> the picture i have add it to the attach named error.png

I'd first check if it's the same versions of spice-gtk/glib/gtk/... on
your ARM board and on Ubuntu. Then you should get a backtrace of that
crash and work from there to try to understand what is being freed
twice. If the backtrace is not that useful, you can also try to run it
with valgrind as it gives much better diagnostics about double free
errors.
Last but not least, spicy is meant to be a test program for spice-gtk,
not something that is used as a general purpose client. We recommend
using virt-viewer/remote-viewer when a SPICE client is needed. It can
even be compiled with native oVirt support (when libgovirt is
available), ie you would just run remote-viewer
ovirt://ovirt.example.com/vm-name to connect to a remote oVirt VM.