[Spice-devel] xspice multiple monitor

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Wed Apr 29 06:27:21 PDT 2015

Hi,

On 04/29/2015 06:33 AM, My Work wrote:
> Hi. I am trying to start my spice server with multiple monitor.
> On wich side (server or client) i have to run this two commands?
> spice-vdagentd -x -S /tmp/xspice-vdagent -s /tmp/xspice_-virtio -f -u
> /tmp/xspice-uinput
> spice-vdagent  -x -S /tmp/xspice-vdagent -s /tmp/xspice_-virtio

Those two commands should be on the server side.

> This is my work xorg.conf
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier  "Layout1"
>         Screen  1 "Screen1"
>
>         Screen  2 "Screen2"
>         InputDevice "MouseSpice" "CorePointer"
>         InputDevice "KeyboardSpice" "CoreKeyboard"

I have here;

    Screen "Screen2" RightOf "Screen1"

that probably won't make a big difference, though.

[snip]

> Section "Device"
>         Identifier "Card1"
>         Driver     "spiceqxl"

I also have the following here:

    Option "Monitor-qxl-0" "Monitor0"
    Option "Monitor-qxl-1" "Monitor1"

I'd also suggest capturing the output of the various vdagentd commands
(perhaps add a '-d' to get debug info) and see if you can see messages
that might point to a problem.

Cheers,

Jeremy