[Spice-devel] windows guest file transfer

Pavel Grunt pgrunt at redhat.com
Mon Feb 2 00:40:07 PST 2015

Hi,

> Hi John,
>

> John, for Pavel's new code, you would need spice-html5 from the most
> recent git tree; there is no release that contains it.
>
> Pavel, let me know if you'd like me to do a release to fix that.

I would wait, the file transfer is the only change since 0.1.5. Of course, it is up to you...

And for Windows guests I recommend to install spice guest tools (see http://www.spice-space.org/download.html ).

> Note that you may find the spice-html5 client unsatisfying; it's good
> for modest use for Linux guests.  But the gtk client is generally
> better, and is far better for Windows guests.

I recommend to use virt-viewer / remote-viewer, especially with Windows guests.

Best regards,

Pavel