[Spice-devel] Roadmap

Andres Heinloo andres at gfz-potsdam.de
Thu Feb 19 09:16:41 PST 2015

On 02/17/2015 12:59 PM, venv21 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, is there a roadmap for spice? spice-space.org
> <http://spice-space.org> wiki seams to be a little bit outdated. Regards

For me as an outsider, the development seems fairly chaotic and without
clear directions. E-mails to spice-devel (except patches) are almost
never answered, so I decided write this myself. AFAIK there is no
spice-users list either.

I tried to cope with spice bugs for more than 2 years, but finally I
found a better solution. I enabled XDMCP in VM (in case of openSUSE,
just set DISPLAYMANAGER_REMOTE_ACCESS="yes" and
DISPLAYMANAGER_STARTS_XSERVER="no" in /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager).
Now use Xephyr or Xnest (or just plain Xorg on a separate virtual
console) to connect, eg.:

/usr/bin/Xephyr :1 -query IP_OF_VM -resizeable

Cheers,
Andres.