[Spice-devel] dynamic screen sizing

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 06:12:55 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 03:05:28PM +0100, Andres Heinloo wrote:
> It is in spice-gtk package in openSUSE... I haven't used remote-viewer.
> AFAICS, remote-viewer depends on libvirt, so it seems relatively
> heavyweight. I don't have libvirt installed on the terminal machine where I
> used to run spicy.

remote-viewer is generally shipped as part of a virt-viewer package
which contains 2 binaries:
- virt-viewer
- remote-viewer

The virt-viewer binary depends on libvirt client libraries (it does not
require the daemon to be installed). remote-viewer does not need
libvirt. So in theory, it's possible to have a remote-viewer package not
needing many more dependencies than spicy.