[Spice-devel] Question and probable bug in qemu spice's parameters

Fabio Fantoni fabio.fantoni at m2r.biz
Fri Jan 9 02:30:03 PST 2015

In qemu docs seems that spice streaming video is default to "filter" but
after this patch seems default to "off" without updating qemu-options.hx
file:
http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commitdiff;h=f1d3e586f069e17f83b669842bc02d60d509daca
What is the correct default actually?

If I specify spice image compression, qemu doesn't start and gives me
this error:
spice: invalid stream video control: (null)

To solve I have to set also qemu spice's streaming video parameters.

Why qemu doesn't take automatically the default of spice image
compression in this case?

Thanks for any reply.