[Spice-devel] Bug report

DeanYu dean_yu at outlook.com
Thu Jan 22 19:43:25 PST 2015

Hi,
I encounter a wierd problem when testing my cell-phone via usb-redirect.
Test environment:Client OS: win7-32bitVM OS:  win7-32bit
Tool-chain:zadig-2.1 (use libusbk)usbredir-0.7spice-gtk-0.27 (use gtk-2.0)virt-viewer-0.6 (use gtk-2.0)
Test device:IPhone 5sGoogle Nexus 3
Problem:It seems that almost all USB device can be redirected successfully included cellphone. However, when my IPhoneappeared in the VM OS, I can double click the phone icon, see its storage card. Then, I clicked 'Trust' button on my phone. Then, the whole window of remote-viewer is stuck, and cannot be closed normally( one way to close it is kill the process from task manager).The same problem can be reproduced on Android phone, take my Nexus 3 as an example. The phone screen is locked with pattern lock before redirect, and unlock it after redirect. Then, remote-viewer is stuck.
Accidentally, I found a way to fix the bug. I add a printf in the beginning of usbredir_handle_msg() function, as below:static void usbredir_handle_msg(SpiceChannel *c, SpiceMsgIn *in){    SpiceUsbredirChannel *channel = SPICE_USBREDIR_CHANNEL(c);    SpiceUsbredirChannelPrivate *priv = channel->priv;    device_error_data data;    int r, size;    uint8_t *buf;
    g_return_if_fail(priv->host != NULL);
    /* No recursion allowed! */    g_return_if_fail(priv->read_buf == NULL);
    buf = spice_msg_in_raw(in, &size);    priv->read_buf = buf;    priv->read_buf_size = size;
    printf("msg\n");
    r = usbredirhost_read_guest_data(priv->host);
I don't know why it works. And I try to use sleep(0) to instead, it doesn't work. Then, use sleep(1), it works, but decreased the performance of handling usb message.
Br,Dean