[Spice-devel] [spice-protocol 0/4] Move .proto files and python code generation scripts to spice-protocol

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Jul 6 09:33:09 PDT 2015

Hey,

My goal is (once again) to try to remove the use of spice-protocol as a
submodule, but always use the installed version instead. This work was
triggered this time by the botched spice-protocol release which might have
been noticed before release if we did not use a submodule.

This patch series moves the code generation python scripts as well as the
.proto files to spice-protocol and makes sure they are installed so that
spice-common can use them. The reason for having these files in spice-protocol
now is so that we can still auto-generate enums.h when the .proto files change
(before spice-common was writing in the spice-protocol submodule directory when
this happened).